My presentations focus on giving people who live with chronic illness the tools they need to thrive, not just survive, in their work lives.
Presentations are available for associations and individual organizations.My most popular topics are described below. These are a launching point. If your organization needs something different, let’s discuss it. Every program is tailored for each engagement.
Regain Your Power in the Workplace
While Living with a Chronic Illness
Living with a chronic health condition makes it difficult to achieve workplace success. But it is not necessary to accept lower performance or lower satisfaction because you live with unpredictable health challenges.
This presentation identifies the strategies and tactics that make it possible to meet your challenges and leverage your strengths.
Specifically, we will cover:
- How you can modify your ideas and adapt your behavior to live as successfully as possible with unpredictable health.
- The three most common challenges that chronic health condition creates and one model that you can use to effectively managing them.
- The three keys to building flexibility, hope and resilience.
Creating the Career You Want and Need
While Living with Chronic Illness
Career planning can be exciting and fulfilling. But too often, that’s not the case for those living with unpredictable health challenges that make it difficult to plan tomorrow.
This workshop encourages participants to develop a plan that works for them.
Specifically, we will cover:
- Creating a strategic approach to career planning that is built on resilience and hope.
- Developing flexible tactics for responding to the daily challenges.
- Designing tools to support your changes.
- Writing an action plan that you can put into place immediately.
Living the Life You Want While Living with … (name your chronic health condition)
Chronic illness can leave you feeling isolated, alone, like “not one gets it.” Worse, it can leave you feeling miserable.
But that does not have to be the outcome. Through telling stories, listening and learning, participants craft a new narrative.
In this interactive workshop, participants write and share their stories — about disease onset, diagnosis and the impact on their lives. Through carefully crafted exercises,they will develop clarity about what is important, shine a light on opportunities, and design their own personalized vision plan for living with difficult chronic health.
Debilitating but not DisAbling: Work Matters
This program focuses on why continuing to work matters for those who lives with debilitating symptoms. Weaving inspirational stories with concrete tactics, Rosalind makes the case for success at work while living with debilitating symptoms.
This program includes:
- Rosalind’s story and how it shapes what she knows and what she does.
- Facts and stories regarding how successfully navigating the workplace improves health outcomes.
- The top three challenges that discourage work continuity.
- The supports that encourage people to stay at or return to work
Rosalind Joffe is a sought-after speaker and workshop leader. She has worked with numerous organizations that include the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, New England Arthritis Foundation, NENMMS, The Scleroderma Association, BiogenIdec, Sanofi Aventis, Johnson & Johnson, United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, Arnold World Wide, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, Dorland Communications, State Street Corporation, New Directions, Spaulding Rehabilitation, Association of Career Professionals, HealthTalk.com, to name a few.