The blog carnival, Howtocopewithpain, has asked participants to write about Thanks in honor of Thanksgiving. I honestly never think in these terms around this holiday (if you know me, you could guess I only think about the food!)
It occurred to me that a list would be best. it’s actually nice to remember all these things and might inspire me to pick up the phone and say hello.
The Top 5 Things that Get My Thanks Thanksgiving 2008
- My two daughters and my husband who give me love, sustenance and good energy every day.
- My extended family – my brother and sister, brothers in law and sisters in law, nieces and nephews and cousins – who give me my sense of being rooted in this world – And my friends who nurture my being — and just in their being my friend, remind me that I’m a person worth being around – even when I’m not my “best”.
- A new president whom, for the first time in my memory, gives me a reason to have hope and to cheer when I think about federal government.
- My health which, although far from “perfect”, is way better than it was for many years.
- My work which allows me to know so many terrific people who need a little nudge and support — and want me as their coach.
- Oops- there is one more. I’m thankful my book is published and out — and to all the bloggers who participated on the book tour!
To all my readers, may you have at least one thing that you can feel thanks for this Thanksgiving.